Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Congratulations, Mr. President


Congratulations, Mr. President, Barack Obama. May God bless you and may God bless America.

And thanks to former President George Bush for his eight years of service to our nation. Only history and the Good Lord have the right to judge him.

It's time to move forward and work and pray for the success of our new President.

Today, at ten o'clock Mountain Time, my students and I sat down and watched the live inauguration. After it was over, we honored Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., whose day was celebrated in most of the United States--but not in Idaho--yesterday.

As I presented this, I realized how far this nation has come in my lifetime of 49 years. When I was a kid, the South still had Jim Crow laws and segregation. I remember the death of Martin Luther King, Jr. We've come far. And I'm proud.

No comments: