Friday, October 26, 2007

Amazon.com Debate---Best Plane of World War Two

As an aviation historian living in rural Idaho Falls, Idaho, I find I have nobody to talk aviation with (other than my friend Marshall, who flew B-29s in Korea), so I talk 'shop' online most of the time with like-minded folks.

Amazon.com has had some excellent discussions on history of late, and I've been participating. It's a good way to touch base with other people who share my interests. I started a topic tonight on the best planes of World War Two. I know many of my blog readers have opinions on this, so click this link and jump right in!!

http://www.amazon.com/tag/history/forum/ref=cm_cd_ef_tft_tp/104-1823667-6149529?%5Fencoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx33HXI3XVZDC8G&cdThread=Tx2N7G0LJYXX8J6&displayType=tagsDetail

2 comments:

Andrew said...

Great blog... should be more like it. My Grandpa was the youngest night bomber pilot in Korea and one of the oldest F-4 phantom pilots in Vietnam (where he got shot down), it's hard to imagine the same man I see almost everyday and work with did all that and sometimes I don't even think about it. But your blog made me.

My prayers are with your two friends.

r morris said...

Andrew. Thanks for your comment.
Your Grandpa is a very brave man and you should sit down with him and a tape recorder and have him tell you the whole story. Not only would it preserve his legacy, but it would also bring you two closer.

I knew several pilots who were shot down in Vietnam. Those guys had to sit in prisons for many years, under harsh treatment. Those guys are heroes.

My two friends and I appreciate the prayers.